I've been slightly hesitant to post anything this morning because the path we are on right now is unclear. Our doctor came in earlier and checked to see where we are... Just like they said yesterday, definitely more progressed than this past Wednesday when I was in the office. During the day today I am supposed to closely mimic what I would be doing at home (yes, that is slightly difficult because although I have been on bedrest at home with a nanny helping us out, I don't have a 3-year-old at my feet here in the hospital). Our doctor will be back to check me sometime this late afternoon and from there we will make a decision.
Right now I am off the monitors because Faith Clare's heartrate has been excellent and without any problems. I have also been having contractions, but that is normal for me... they are just a little stronger than they have been before.
Now... what to do. Due to the "issues" (mostly bleeding) Dr. M is still concerned because we haven't ever been able to definitively determine where it is coming from; if it is cervical or placental. At this moment it seems pretty unclear what road to take and so the doctor is waiting until the afternoon to see if something sways her one way or the other. On one hand, Faith Clare is still a little smaller than we would prefer and things such as a possible NICU visit and nursing could be concerns that we will have to address if we deliver in the next few days. On the other hand, because we are unsure where the bleeding is coming from, the concern is that it could be placental which would then put Faith in danger if the bleeding suddenly became significant (possibly indicating placental abrupture). We also have to consider that she is at a pretty good weight for this gestation and we know now that she is alive, healthy and would likely not incur any long-term or short-term problems this far into the pregnancy. We are simply praying for clear direction at this point... to know what God's will is... for us to stay at the hospital for a while longer until she is ready, for me to be able to go home for a few more weeks, or for us to go ahead and begin planning for a delivery.
It's all so unclear...
Please pray- "...that too God will make clear to you."- Philippians 3:15