Day 3- Freedom

Mommy-guilt is overwhelming and has been running rampant in my house.  Am I doing this right? Am I teaching them enough? Do each of them get enough one-on-one time? Should I be doing more reading, writing, colors, numbers, letters, games, activities, sports with my child? Am I responding, behaving, modeling how Christ would expect? Am I patient? Am I overbearing? Am I too strict? Am I strict enough? Do they go to the right school? Do we have the right house? Have enough money? Do I work too much? Am I "present" too little? Am I loving their daddy enough?...

Literally the questions could go on and on.  Whether working or home, or working out of your home.  Whether your children are in daycare, your care or school, there is always a question as to how much is enough.  Thankfully, I am surrounded by amazing women and have been rightly reminded by my precious mentor that there is no condemnation in Christ.  What I am doing IS indeed enough.  I DO love my children.  I DO spend precious time with them.  They do know that they and their daddy are the loves of my life and God is above all else... So then what else is there? It is not Christ that is making me feel guilty but the world, and I don't want to measure anything against the world's standards.  Only God's. God does not condemn us for the areas where we fall short... He loves us, leads us right through them.  Remember, when we are weak, He is then able to be our strength.

Believing in Christ is pure freedom. I am freed from the standards of this world.  Freed from the comparisons, judgments, questions, inabilities.  To be "freed up" is God's grace on my soul.  He knows me and I will face Him and Only Him... and I needed that reminder again.

So the learning continues.

Day 3) There is no condemnation in Christ.  Get rid of the mommy guilt because I am doing my very best. And freedom feels fantastic!

"Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong."- 1 Corinthians 12:8-10

Comments

Popular Posts