Just a Glimpse...






(Georgia~ a precious friend from the hospital that was instrumental in our time with Maddox)

Just a glimpse... of the sweet, precious baby Rhyder and his mama and daddy! Continuing to pray for this wonderful family as they trust in God's plan for their son's life and prepare to take him home from the hospital tomorrow. YAY! We are so excited for the way God has been so real and tangible in their lives. I'm in awe!

As you can imagine, the journey I have shared with this family has been such a huge blessing to me. It has been precious and joyful and wonderful... and it has also brought so many dormant memories to the surface. All of my memories with Maddox are beautiful and intimate, but many are also so filled with sorrow. Being at the hospital, seeing my precious nurses, visiting with our doctor... All of these things are so critical to recognizing how far the Lord has brought us since January of last year and yet, all so very difficult. Tears have continued to reemerge over the past few days- not over wishing Maddox were still here, but for simply missing his presence in my life.

God has revealed a plan for our family like none we could have ever imagined... A story of great love, of a marriage, of commitment to our Father... and one of a first child, of a tragic condition, of a second child, of a loss... and still one of much prayer, much comfort, much healing, and much promise... For without him (and HIM) we wouldn't have her... our precious third child. And somehow I know that none of this could ever be a mistake. What a beautiful peace as we ALL place our very lives in His hands.

"Yet something even greater than friendship is ours. Now that we are at peace with God, we will be saved by his Son's life."- Romans 5:10 (CEV)

Comments

Deb D. said…
What a beautiful child Rhyder is. And Kenzie, you are a beautiful (!) woman in spirit and in form. I sincerely admire and respect you. What a lovely comfort and joy you are to Rhyder's parents in this time of celebration and uncertainty for them. May God continue to bless you and redeem all the sorrow you have known for His glory and your fulfillment.
Devin said…
Oh, Kenz, he is so sweet and beautiful! I am so glad that you are able to be so instrumental in all this...and thankful that the Lord is blessing you through it. I am sure it is very difficult for you--just know I am praying for him, his parents, and for you as you face these memories and thoughts of Maddox!
Autumn said…
Kenzie,
As I sat here holding our fourth child I read the line you wrote "without him (and HIM) we wouldn't have her" and the tears came as I looked down at our sweet baby girl sitting on my lap and she smiled back. You know our story and we too would not have her without him (and HIM). Our plan was that we were done after our third child, AJ, but praise God, HE had other plans. I am with you, somehow none of this is a mistake.

What a beautiful little boy Rhyder is. What a blessing this family and little boy must be in your life and you in theirs. Praising and praying.
Hannah said…
Kenzie, I'm so glad that you have been able to share this time with this family--what a blessing, both for them and for you.
He looks so very sweet..that is great news that he gets to go home so soon!
Savvy said…
Thank you for updating us. God bless Rhyder and his sweet family. What a powerful life that sweet baby is already having. Kenzie you are dear to so many. Thank yoU!
Emily said…
Words fall short.

INCREDIBLE is the only one I have.

Love you, girl.
Kathy said…
What a beautiful family and a blessed one to have you as such a dear friend to walk this journey with them. So wonderful to hear that Rhyder is doing so well. What a little doll he is!
Katy said…
You are a strong woman and a voice for Christ. Thanks for being so open and sharing so much! Such an inspiration - through the tears and all!

~Kate
Corie said…
Oh how I can relate to what you said about your tears for Maddox...."Tears have continued to reemerge over the past few days- not over wishing Maddox were still here, but for simply missing his presence in my life". They are in the BEST place...but how I miss Larsons presence. What a gift you are to this family. Praise the Lord for the ability to have love for these families in a way only our own boys could teach. Sending Prayers.
He is precious!! You KNOW I love you girl....
Kim
Carla said…
What an amazing experience to be able to be a part of Rhyders life. I hope he is still doing well at home with his family. I enjoyed the pictures of your family with Annabel too. I first saw them on her moms blog. She is such a sweetie! What a blessing. There is definately a bond between families touched by trisomy. God Bless you and your precious family as you start a new school year :)
Heather said…
Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving such an encouraging comment. I am amazed at the last 2 paragraphs in your post and how at peace you are with your situation. I only hope that I can come to see things in the future as you do now. I still have so much difficulty accepting what has happened to me and believing there could be a plan in this. I know God is in control, and His way is perfect and so much far greater than our ways. But I also feel so disappointed. I know God could have healed my Madelyn and let her live. There were countless prayers prayed on her behalf. Yet He still chose not to intervene. I trust Him - I do. But right now it's definitely more of a choice than a feeling, and I'm having such a hard time imagining that any good could come out of this.
Anyway, thanks again for your comment and your post, both of which reveal admirable courage and faith in the Lord.
I

Popular Posts